Category

Monday, August 17, 2009

Thank You!

a post by aminda faradilla

I find it almost difficult to breathe right now, as I imagine all those people looking deep into me. Faith is a very personal piece, I'm not quite sure how or why I wrote it, but I did. For awhile, it felt like a child I carried in my arms, protecting it from the world.


Faith is my first play. I wrote it a few hours one night, jumpy from too much coffee. I felt so sad after, like I drained my body of all its love and history, I just crawled into bed with damp cheeks, a weak body and a thoughtless mind after.

I felt so small after meeting everybody. I immediately shied away, terribly intimidated by how incredibly fantastic these people were. Faith was amongst these people, the stories of these people.

I must say Thank You. Thank You for such an array of incredible pieces; some, I couldn't help but fall in love with, and form the quiet desire to go on one knee and propose to the playwright or director. Thank You for the opportunity and Thank You for listening,reading and watching. Thank You for giving Faith wings, Thank You!

Everyone at KLPac - Joe Hasham, Dato' Faridah Merican, Technical and Stage Crew, even as we have never spoken or properly met, know that you've cradled a dream out of my imprisoning head, onto stage. Like quiet angels, you've granted a wish. Thank you.

Esnani and Lvyn, there is so much love, respect and appreciation I have for you both right now. You gave Faith a heartbeat.

I am so incredibly humbled by this experience. I am overwhelmed by so much love and appreciation; I am terribly tempted to have my way with each, and every single one of you.

Thank you all.

:aminda faradilla:

No comments:

Post a Comment