Category

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Girl in "While She Lasts"...

Hi, I'm Muhaimin, the writer of the story While She Lasts. The story only made it for the staged readings, but I think that's good enough for me. I've done theatre before. At school. Nothing big. This is as big as it gets. I was just glad when my story got selected. The best thing that happened this year. Thanks so much to everyone. I really appreciate you guys even though I've never met any of you (I was too busy and didn't attend the staged readings... Sorry...I mean, I was 16 at the time, what did you expect?).

Anyway, I don't know what to write about here. I just feel like I have to write something before the time limit ends for this blog. Let's see. How about the inspiration for While She Lasts?

Okay, so I love to write, right. You should know that. I write all the time. I mean it. I always find myself scribbling something down on a piece of paper if I'm not writing an entire story. So anyway, early this year, I was going through a very rough yet dull writer's block. Nothing came to mind. It was horrible. It's like a swimmer could not find water to dive in. That's how I felt.

But then I met this girl. Her name? Well, let's just say it's close to the girl in While She Lasts. She's sweet and she has a very lovable smile. She's just adorable. We get along, but I slipped somewhere and never talked again since. But each time I see her, I get a sort of inspiration to write something. She kind of snapped me out of the writer's block. I feel lucky meeting her.

When I heard that S+S Festival was in town, I know I just had to write something. And I did. She inspired the story While She Lasts. The story got selected and now I'm back on my feet (well, sitting down actually) and writing again. So in a way, I feel like I should thank her for all she's done. Which was nothing, really. She just smiled, and everything fell into place.

And me? Well, I feel kind of lucky and slightly guilty because of the luck. Who knows what the future holds, but one thing's for sure: It started here (well, not here as in "this blog", I mean, here as in "the whole S+S Festival")!

So thanks again to all. I hope to see you (again) one day.

Goodbye.

I'm off to thank someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment